Who We Are
BreastScreen Queensland have been providing Queensland women with quality breast cancer screening and assessment services for over 25 years. BreastScreen Queensland is the only nationally accredited breast cancer screening provider in Queensland offering free screening and assessment, to eligible women, using the latest digital mammography technology. All of your radiographers and doctors are highly experienced and have chosen to specialise in this field. These elements combine to make our program what it is today – Queensland’s leading breast cancer screening service provider.
What To Expect
Our BreastScreen Services are designed with your comfort and confidence in mind.
- It’s one-on-one – Your appointment is one-on-one with a female health professional.
- It’s quick – You will be in and out in around 30 minutes.
- It’s high quality – Your breast screen is read independently by two specially trained doctors.
- It’s free.
- It’s convenient – we are at more than 260 locations across Queensland.
- No doctor’s referral is necessary.
Visit Us Because
Free breast screening is recommended every two years for women aged between 50 and 74 years, although women are eligible to access this free service from the age of 40. Visit the BreastScreen Queensland display to learn how to maintain your breast health, reduce your breast cancer risk, and find out if breast screening is right for you. There will also be a range of other health information available including bowel cancer screening and changes to the cervical screening program.